Thursday, July 3, 2008

Do Something Fun for Yourself / Guitar

This has nothing to with Diabetes but I just wanted to share with you that I am starting to learn how to play the Guitar at 48. You are never too old to start something new. I knew nothing about music - absolutely nothing except that I liked to listen to music. I didn't even know the musical alphabet which is just 7 letters A, B, C, D, E, F and G. I had never played an instrument in my life except the flute in the 4th grade. I can still play the song I learned (Mary had a little lamb) if someone hands me a flute but other than that my music knowledge was very limited.

So I bought myself a used acoustic/electric guitar off of EBay and started teaching myself from youtube and other free sites on the Internet. I also started taking lessons from a local guitar teacher in town and that has helped me alot. He is leaving town though so I'll need to find a new teacher shortly. It' s been a very fun journey and I'm glad I did it!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

[Valid RSS]

Technorati Favorite

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sitemeter

Stat Counter